Monday, November 17, 2008

A Little Extra Potty Talk

Linus and I had to make a Target run late this afternoon. I prepped her on the ride over that we were going for specific items, and we would not be getting extras. For the most part, she really stuck to it and we actually had a really good time. On the way to the car, she noticed a sign.

Look, Mommy, a circle with a slash and a P.

It sure it Linus.

No P? (confused look on her face) No P??? What? You can't pee at Target?

Linus, that means...

(interrupting me) Oh, that means no peeing in the parking lot. Who on earth would do that?

Sweetie, that means no parking. You can't park where those signs are.

Oh, really? I hope nobody gets confused!
*******
That's not the first time she's said something embarrassing by mistake at Target. When she was about two she and I were at Target. She was sitting in the child seat part of the basket and we were chatting as we shopped. All of a sudden, Linus makes fists, sticks out her pointer fingers in a hook, puts them on top her head, and announces (very loudly) I'm horny, Mommy! She literally meant that she had horns on her head, but to others around, that's not at all what she said!

8 comments:

Leia H said...

Ok, the potty comment was funny enough, but horny? OMG I think I peed a little!

brainella said...

Hahahahahaahaha! Oh...the joy of children in public.

Alice said...

I love your daughter. LOVE HER!

Lori said...

That is hilarious! That girl has a future as a comedian I think. :)

joanne said...

Oh Lanny...isn't she just a little ray of sunshine...

Anonymous said...

You daughter is named Linus? Oh my word, I hope that is really true and not just an alias for your blog. That is the cutest damn thing I have ever heard!!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I'm glad your're writing this stuff down, you could write a "Chicken Soup" type a book and that would sell like hot cakes. Get ready, I think Lolly will be a real pepper too!

katy said...

My son went through a phase where all men were named daddy....and he yelled it at every one of them when we were out. I made a lot of new friends.