Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm the Smarterest

On occasion I can be a bit spacey. I had a nickname because of it in high school. You know the "Most Likely To ____" that they do in high school? Yeah, I made it in there too. Army got a kick out of how ditzy I could be at times when we fist started dating. I've really gotten a lot better though.

Until today.

I have satellite radio in my car. Army was listening to one of the SEC channels. After one team scored, "PAT GOOD" rolled across the radio screen. A few minutes later, "PAT GOOD" scrolled again. Thinking out loud, I said, "Who is Pat Good? I've never heard of him before. Actually, I've never seen them scroll the name of the commentator across the screen before." I though Army would bust a gut laughing! "Lan! P-A-T GOOD. Point After Touchdown. They made their point after touchdown!"

Oops!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, I would not classify that as being spacey. I wouldn't have had a clue what that meant, either. So there, Army!

brainella said...

I second that! I watch football all the time and I had no clue what that meant. And I am vain and make no claims to be spacey at all! :-)

Jeannie said...

I would have questioned it too, and I love football!

Do you remember that show, 3rd Rock from the Sun? Lino and I watched it all the time. I loved it. Well, I had never really paid attention to the opening sequence before. The one night I happened to watch, and I said to him, "Oh, I get it....it's Earth!"

Lino just laughed and shook his head. Then laughed some more.....

katy said...

Superhubby doesn't watch sports so I have no trouble there. His 'laugh at me' moments usually come when he is building something and asks me to add or subtract things he measures that contain fractions.....not pretty. The conversation usually goes something like this "honey add 14 1/2, 4 & 15/16ths and 19 & 7/8ths. He can do it in his head in about 5 seconds but I just answer something like "ummm a lot?"