Sunday, November 9, 2008

Not Only Am I Smart, I'm Evil!

Army is a HUGE Steelers fan (unless the Saints are playing---then house rules state you must cheer for the Saints!). I know a decent amount about football, but there's a lot I don't know. Army played football for years, though soccer is his true love, so he knows a lot. Well, it's either his experience, or it's just a man-thing. I don't know. Anyway, there was a Steelers game on today. I try not to ask too many questions while they are playing (I ask away during commercials), but I was full of questions today. Some were annoying: "Why do they call it ____?" I knew he'd reached his limit when he looked over at me and smirked, "Yellow line!" A few years ago, I was in complete awe as to how they could paint that yellow line to show how far 'til the down and remove it so quickly. Once Army and my dad recovered from their fit of laughter, they let me know that it's not on the field, just the tv. So now when I've asked enough, he tells me I'm at the yellow line. I still had more questions though, so I was bombarding him during commercials. When he'd once again had enough, he looked down at Lolly, who was nestled on his chest, and said, "Be sure to ask your mommy who Pat Good is when you get older."

Game on, Boy. Game on!

I then asked him if the other team could really decline a penatly (I knew the answer). He gave me a confused look--probalby because he knew I knew the answer--and explained penalty declines using various scenarios.

Since he answered that question, I knew I had him where I wanted him, and went in for the kill...

"So, if the other guy catches the ball, they get an out, right?"

And I even lasted at least 10 seconds before I cracked a smile.

3 comments:

brainella said...

Do you do it intentionally to drive him crazy? :-)

kim-d said...

And you wonder where Linus gets it from? The girl has obviously been watching and learning! BWAHAHAHA!

Jeannie said...

Funny. I am a Patriots fan. This season I am also rooting for anyone who plays against the Colts or the Giants.

I was sad that the Steelers did not win yesterday.....