Friday, November 7, 2008

Super Duper Extra Unfair!

Can somebody please explain when things change? Why the double standard?

Lolly is a little bitty thing. She's the extreme opposite of Linus. Lolly is small all around. Linus was huge all around. Despite being small, Lolly does have a little baby fat. Linus had lots of it. :) Linus had no fat compared to the baby down the street who we ever-so-unpolitically-correctly referred to as Sumo. *hanging head in shame* That baby had rolls on her rolls. Linus just had rolls. Anyway, Linus truly was a beautiful baby. Sure, I'm biased, but she really was. I'll have to dig up a picture at some point. People constantly said, "Oh she's so beautiful. And just look at those chubby thighs." Linus also had huge cheeks. We called them pillows because she'd tilt her head just a little to the side and rest her enormous cheeks on her shoulder and fall asleep. People would usually say, "Oh those cheeks! I could just eat them up!" Both comments are commonly said around babies. People just adore babies and all their chubby glory. I do too.

So getting to my very long winded point: why the double standard? Nobody ever looks at my thighs and says, "OMG! I love your chubby thighs!" It's so unfair! :P

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

HaHa! Very true!

Jackietex said...

True! They also don't think my dimples and double chin are adorable either. Bummer! :)

joanne said...

I'm so glad you pointed that out...I've never, ever thought about it at all. 'Sumo" it is for me from now on...and I mean it in only the best of ways...;)

Anonymous said...

Just look at those chubby thighs. You are just so adorable!

Hmmm - considering I've never actually seen you, somehow that doesn't seem to work...

kim-d said...

Okay, Lanny...you and me? We understand each other perfectly on this issue. You've just got to greatful that no one says your FAT THIGHS ARE DISGUSTING.

Now, see? Doesn't that make the fact that no one mentions how cute your chubby thighs are much easier to take? In my opinion, it's always better if the whole thigh area is a taboo subject :).

But, FYI...I think your chubby thighs are adorable and I could just eat them up!!! BWAHAHAHAHA***snort**evil laugh**snort***BWAHAHAHA!!!