Sunday, November 2, 2008

Extra Wordy

I'm unofficially trying NaBloPoMo. Unofficially because I don't like to fail, and if I don't officially sign up for it, then if I don't post everyday, I still haven't failed. Great logic, huh?

---

Do you ever find yourself in a situation and think, "I'll have to blog this?" It happens often around here, but I rarely blog about those times. I tend to forget most of them. How sad is that?!? Last night as I was dozing off, I thought about another totally random fact about me. It was something that drives me absolutely insane. It bothered me just thinking about it last night. What was it? I don't have a clue. How I can't remember something that annoys me is beyond me! Then there are the "lost blogs" the posts that never get published because I'm worried they might offend somebody (hello? It's MY blog, why do I care?), or the ones that I worry would 'out' me to my friends and family.

Do you do this too?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but your logic seems perfectly logical to me.

And to your questions - uh, that would be a 'yes.' Yes I get great blog ideas but forget them. Yes, I restrain myself for fear I'll 'out' myself & my family or offend someone.

I'm still amazed I posted that whole election thing on my blog. Guess I'm afraid of losing the few readers I have.

Alice said...

I live my whole life as "would this be good to blog about?" Sometimes I do things (or take pictures) -b/c I know they would make a great blog!

And, yes, I worry about being found out. Mostly by my coworkers. I work for a conservative Christian ministry. I love it. Love the people. But I think they would be horrified by some of the things on my blog. I guess I probably shouldn't blog from work, huh? :)

katy said...

I do the same thing....2 am I wake up and think "that is what I am writing about" but can't remember the next morning.
I am careful about what I write about too because I have a few friends who know where my blog is and they don't like anything fun...cursing, drinking, dirty talk or anything else interesting. I have found I censor myself to the point of not having anything to write about anymore.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

First I can't stop laughing about Linus genuflecting getting into a booth at a restaurant...I have nver heard that one before...that story will be repeated until well after she's 40 for sure.

I think about a lot of stuff I want to say when I post, but when I start posting, I post about 5% and I edit a lot sometimes, because I feel like people will read and say, "who cares". But when I read other people's blog, I find everything so fresh and interesting...guess I'm a crossroads sort of a gal ;-)

Jeannie said...

All the time! I should really start writing things down when I think of them!

And, sometimes I do restrain myself, sometimes not. Only one cousin knows about my blog, the rest of my readers are friends, but I still am careful about what I say about family.....