Monday, January 14, 2008

Extra Yikes!

Last night after I put Linus to bed, I logged on to check my email. Linus was singing in her bed, which is nothing unusual. Then she began reading books, followed by singing the words to her books. Again, nothing unusual in the life of Linus. After she had been in bed a while, she finally said, "Goodnight Mommy. Goodnight Daddy. I love you Mommy; I love you Daddy. Ok, I'm going to sleep now." Usually she settles in immediately after her announcement and falls asleep. Last night she was quiet for about 15 minutes, but apparently she was not asleep. The neighbor on the bedroom side of the house is able to hear things from our house if he's outside. I'm SO hoping he wasn't last night! All of a sudden, at the top of her lungs, Linus asked, "Mommy are you in bed with my daddy?" Yikes! She meant it innocently, as in have y'all gone to bed yet, but I'm not so sure it sounded so innocent to our neighbor.

2 comments:

Jackietex said...

She is such a funny girl! I love your Linus anecdotes.

kim-d said...

BWAHAHAHA! Well, Lanny, it could have been worse--she could have shouted out, "Mommy, are you in bed with my friend's Daddy?" BWAHAHAHA! I'm sorry, just couldn't resist...