Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Extra Info

There's actually nothing of interest to any of you in this post. I'm just typing it here until I write it down in her baby book. Sorry!

Linus can:
*recite & write our phone number
*recite & write my cell number
*tell her birthday, my birthday, and Army's birthday
*identify and draw circles, diamonds, squares, rectangles, hearts, stars, triangles, crescents, pentagons, octagons, ovals, etc
*write her first and last names without help
*write her middle name if we give her hints for spelling it (she's almost there)
*recognize all letters (capital and lower case), tell what sound they make, and write them (for quite a while)
*give the beginning, middle, and ending sounds of words
*sound out simple words
*spell one grandmother's name; she's working on the other grandparents
*jump, hop, skip, run, do a split with left leg forward, center split, almost there with the right leg forward, forward roll, handstand, working on cartwheel, crab walk, balance beam forward and backward, tuck/scissors/split jump
*make rhyming words
*count to at least 50 (she gets bored)
*recognize numbers through at least 50 (bored again)
*write 0-20 with no help (claims boredom beyond 20)
*count by 5s to 50
*give the hour when telling time (minutes are still a bit much for her, but she really wants to learn to tell time---she probably could do it if using a digital clock)

1 comment:

kim-d said...

Hey you! I have missed you so much, and hope to talk to you soon! That being said, this post made me grin from ear to ear--what a girl!!!! I just love her--I mean, really--those are HUGE accomplishments for a 4-year-old. By the time she's 6--and probably even 5--she will have passed me up in math :)! I think you and Army need to start looking NOW for schools that will challenge her. Man--all that and musically talented and a good heart to boot. I LOVE HER! And you, too!!