Saturday, January 19, 2008

An Extra Word for Yesterday's Post

I'm beginning to wonder if I need to take Linus in to see her pediatrician. Without fail, I can tell when she has an ear infection based on her hearing. It is very rare that she complains of ear pain, though when she does, it's really bad. Since I can usually tell by her hearing, or lack of, I'd prefer to go ahead and knock it out before it becomes excessively painful for her.

Here's our conversation from the dinner table tonight.

Linus: Wanna know what will happen when I eat this?
Me: What?
Linus: It will activate my taste bugs.
Me: Oh, your taste buds?
Army: Did she say bugs or buds?
Linus: Bugs. Aren't they taste bugs?
Me: I love taste bugs, but they are actually taste buds.
Linus: Well, at least I was close. Bugs go buzz.
I gave a completely confused look to Army.
Army: What are they called Linus?
Linus: Well, y'all just said they are taste buzz. Do you think it's because when you eat something really good they buzz around and tell the other ones, or do you think it's because once upon a time they were really called taste bugs like I said?
Army: They are taste buDS, but I really like your idea!
Me: Me too. Good thinking Linus!
Linus: Wha??? They aren't bugs, and they aren't buzz?
Me: Nope, they are taste buDs, but I think your words are cuter.
Linus: This is NOT my week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Linus was a boy, she sounds way too much like my son. When he was 3 or 4, he had a hard time pronouncing his name because he couldn't do the V sound. Getting frustrated, he then told me when he gets older, he's going to change his name to Steden.

He's 22 now and still a smart ass. Loves giving me a hard time. I have no idea who the boy takes after...

kim-d said...

I think what needs to happen here is that we all just need to enter LinusWorld and then we can all understand about lightballs and tastebugs. Of course, that will be all we'll understand, because I think it's a little smarter in there than in our world. You KNOW how much I love this genius kid of yours; that is why I think that HER week was just fine. It's the rest of us that are having the problem :)! And we're too moronic to even know it...HAHAHA!