Thursday, January 31, 2008

Extra Dramatic Anyone?

I think there's a chance Linus is a drama queen. ;) I'll let you be the judge...



When I picked her up from preschool today, she got in the car, but refused to get in her carseat. Once we finally got her all buckled up, she was very quiet. That in itself is quite unusual! I began to ask her questions about her day, the usual who did you play with? What did you do? What letter did you talk about? etc. All of a sudden she freaks out about a Dora mask:



Linus: Mommy, whyyyyyyy did you throw away my Dora mask?

Me: What Dora mask?

Linus: The one you throwed away.

Me: Linus, I didn't throw away a Dora mask. You don't even have a Dora mask.

Linus: I know I don't have one. You throwed it away.

Me: No, you never had one.

Linus: Yes, the purple Dora mask. The one you throwed away.

Me: I never threw away a Dora mask. You never had one.

Linus: Uh-huh, it was purple. You threw it away. I loved it. It was my favorite mask.

Me: Are you sure you didn't dream this?

Linus: Well, yeah it was a dream, but still, you threw it away and I loved it.

Me: Linus, it was a dream. I didn't really throw anything away.

Linus: Uh-huh, you threw away my Dora mask.

Me: Not really though, it was just a dream.

Linus: But it crushed me that you do it. Crushed. Me. I was crushed. Crushed! How could you do that to me? Crushed, I tell ya. Crushed.



Seriously! What 4 y/o talks like this?



Drama. Queen!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crushed, she was. Poor Linus! Such sad dreams...

moderator said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bayou Belle said...

MINE DOES!

I too have a very shedding dog! I will be reading ya. I think we might have a lot in common! THanks for finding me!

kim-d said...

I'll be back to comment for real later, just wanted to say a quick hi so you don't forget me. Missin' you and Linus!

Overflowing Brain said...

Heh, one time The Fiance and I had a weird morning where we were both mad at each other for no identifiable reason. I realized later that I was mad at him for a dream I'd had that he cheated on me and left me moments before he confessed that he was mad at me because he dreamed that I'd cheated on him. It was the weirdest thing ever.

Dreams are very real, especially the traumatic ones. Come to think of it, I think you throwed away my Dora mask too.

kim-d said...

You throwed away her Dora mask? And in her dream, you did this? When dreams are only supposed to be good? All I have to say for you, Missy, is this--you're lucky she was only crushed. Imagine what would happen if she was pissed. I THINK YOU WOULD GET THROWED UNDER THE BUS, or some such. And I'm thinking she's probably got a reeeeeaaal looooonng memory, too. What else of hers have you throwed away, that she just hasn't dreamed about yet. Awww...crushed. Tell her for me that Auntie Kim would NEVER, EVER throw away her purple Dora mask that she really liked. HAHAHAHA!