Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Extra Birthday Wishes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little sister. It's a big one for her! :)

And that's it for me tonight. I'm entirely too drunk to write. No, not drunk drunk. Benedryl drunk. Stupid ant with a death wish bit the heck out of my side. I look like I've been in a fight...and I lost. I had no idea a little ant could pack so much punch into a bite. Seriously, it's like FOUR inches across and TWO inches high.

How does Linus do it? The ONE time she's had benedryl she was 18 months old. She had a sinus infection, so the doctor prescribed some meds. She had an allergic reaction to the meds, and they made us take her straight to Children's. At Children's they freaked out because her fever was close to 106. They stripped her down and dosed her up with Motrin. Linus hates Motrin. Yeah, who wants to guess how much fun that was. After the Motrin, they sent us back into the waiting room. I had a naked (well, diaper only) baby who had NO idea she was so sick. She had huge polka dots all over herself (hives) and she wasn't too happy because they made her take Motrin AND they took her temp in her hiney. Who would be happy after that? Then they came out and made her take Tylenol too. We finally got a room, and she had an accident while we waited for the doctor. Not a diaper accident, a TRUE accident. She fell and hit her head. If you ever want to know how to get the doctor to come in and check on you quickly, fall. Hard. She got skull x-rays, more meds, tons of eye checks, the works. And her body was covered in chrushed ice...that she tried her hardest to eat.

Anyway, before we finally went home, they dosed her up with some Benedryl, and sent us on our way with the warning that Linus would be knocked out by the medicine. Whatever. THE CHILD WAS STILL BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS AT THREE IN THE MORNING!!! Army and I were using toothpicks to prop our eyelids open, she was singing and dancing.

HOW does she do it? I'm dragging.

Sheesh, I thought I wasn't going to write tonight. Apparently it makes me tired and it makes me ramble on and on and on and....

No comments: