Thursday, January 1, 2009

An Extra Year

Happy New Year!

Here's to the best year yet!

------------
Overheard today:
Army: Linus, don't move! Let me help you get down right now!


Army (after a minute of silence): Linus, you can't ever do that again, ok? You could have gotten hurt. That was very dangerous. Linus, do you understand? You can't ever do that again.

Linus: Ok Daddy. I was just trying to be Superman.

Army come into the kitchen a few minutes later and says, "Oh my gosh, Lanny! You should have seen what Linus was doing. It looked like so much fun!"

Do boys every grow up?


5 comments:

Leeann said...

Hiya~

I just caught up on your blog! Definitely sounds like you are a busy mom of two!

I feel for both you and Linus over the new house thing. When we moved to this house four years ago, the two older kids really had a hard time with it. It took them probably a full year to come around but now we have been here for four years and they can see all the reasons we moved here and are glad that we did.

Just like for us, sometimes change is uncomfortable, but that growing and stretching serves us well in the end!

hugs!

Leia H said...

OMG is he the cutest or what?!!

Alice said...

Never!

katy said...

They don't grow up, their toys just become more expensive.

Debbie said...

Mine is 22 and I'm still waiting...

I wish I could start over and he'd be about 3. I'd do it again, gladly!

Happy New Year Lanny!