Friday, January 9, 2009

An Extra Vent

Eh, so much for being nice. This is my second not-so-nice post in one week!

I'll just come out and say it. No sugar coating. I really dislike kiosk workers at the mall. My first mistake was going to the mall. I loathe indoor malls. It was a necessary trip though, so we went. After we accomplished our original goal, Linus needed a snack. Army took her to get one while I ran one more errand. Our mall has two distinct types of kiosk workers: the super aggressive sales ones and the lazy not-getting-off-their-cell-phones-for-anything ones. On my way out the store, I was accosted by the first type. I swear these people spot me and peg me as a softy. During Christmastime I'd tell them I wasn't interested, and if they'd persist--and they always do--I'd tell them I was paying a babysitter and didn't have time. Most of them would back off then. A few still didn't. I had Lolly with me this time, so I couldn't use that excuse. As he comes toward me, he began reaching around my neck. I politely told him I wasn't interested, but by the time I got that out of my mouth, he was holding his item around my neck. Don't touch my neck. I can't stand that! I again told him I wasn't interested, but he wouldn't let go. After I said I wasn't purchasing anything, he started in with, "I'm just trying to make a living selling the best product on the market." Blah, blah, blah. It was live info commercial, and I couldn't flip the channel.

Most regular stores don't treat their customers that way. If they did, customers wouldn't return. The thing with a mall, though, is that you don't have a choice. At our mall, they line every walkway. It's ridiculous. I am thisclose to not going back to the mall because I can't stand them.

So, what's your take on kiosk workers?

2 comments:

Mama E said...

Rick and I had a similar experience with someone selling hand scrub stuff. $96 for lotion?!?! NO thanks! Of course since we were the first customer of day we could have it for $19.99!!
We finally got away and didn't pass that way again!!!

Melissa said...

I hate that stuff-I try not to make eye contact with them! Gus got suckered into it last year at a mall. He bought over $100 in dead sea salt products because they told him it would work wonders on my psoriasis!! LOL!