Friday, January 23, 2009

Extra Gross!

I saw perhaps the most disgusting thing I've ever seen today. Linus, Lolly, my mom, and I were at a restaurant. We were all enjoying ourselves until my mother asked me if I saw what she saw. I was completely oblivious, and would have been very happy to have been able to remain that way. Unfortunately, she pointed me in the direction of a woman changing her baby.

Changing her baby's poopy diaper.

In a restaurant.

On the table.

Let's recap. She changed a poopy diaper on the table. That is all degrees of disgusting. Vile. Vulgar.

I know babies poop. I know they poop in public. I also know that not in a million years would I change Lolly's diaper on a table in a restaurant. In fact, my first comment was, "Oh gross, Mother! That lady put her naked child on a table in a restaurant. I'd never do that to Lolly!" That cracked my mother up. Lanny, that's beside the point. What about the poor people who sit there next?

As we watched, because we just couldn't peel ourselves away, the lady took the dirty diaper and put it on the table.

Vomit.

How can somebody not know better than that.

Linus naturally had the best line of the day: Mommy, why is she doing that? I would never poop at a table. There's no difference. I *almost* wish she could have heard Linus!

6 comments:

Doreen said...

That is possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever heard. Yuck! What was she thinking? On the table? It's not like restaurants don't have changing tables in the bathrooms! That's just beyond gross.

katy said...

We were at Pizza hut a year or so ago and a lady was changing her son in a booth. She moved to a booth closer to where my daughter and I were eating to change him because it stunk so bad and then went back to the other side of the restaurant to enjoy her meal with her family. The child had pooped so much it ran all over the seat but she fixed it, she wiped it up with a few napkins.
I did it, I joined facebook.

Jackietex said...

Ewwwwwwwwww! I am so glad I didn't see it. Linus is spot on with her comment. :)

Astrid said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Nuff said.

Leeann said...

That is just vile.

Seriously, I am utterly grossed out by that. And then Katy's comment almost drove me to vomit. With Katy's comment, I may never eat out again!

Alice said...

I can't believe someone in the restaurant didn't direct her to the ladies room. That's unhygenic.