Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hooked On Phonics Worked For Us!

WARNING: LANGUAGE!

A conversation from our house today:

Army brought home some stuff from work recently that had three lowercase letters on it...afc. Linus knew it came from work, but didn't know what it was. All of a sudden, she blurts out, "Daddy, you work for a fuck!"

HUH???

"A fuck, Daddy, you work for a fuck. This came from your work, and it says a fuck...(points to it) see a /f/ /k/...a fuck."

I was a complete waste of a mother as I had to leave the room before she saw the tears of laughter streaming down my face. Army was the good parent and walked her through it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was hysterical!

I was always a complete waste of a mother, too. And I'm a bad aunt and I will be a bad grandmother. I have no self control at all. I usually have to walk out of a room so - whichever kid - doesn't see me laughing.

Mama said...

That is hilarious! I'm constantly having to leave the room laughing so I can totally relate.
Natalie
Fellow IAC Alumn

Leeann said...

ROFL!
I think the image of you scuttling out laughing is just as funny as what she said! lol

Mike said...

Let's face it, parenting can not be done with a straight face. Impossible to do. Anyone who says they can, is lying...

joanne said...

OMG!!...that's all I got..;)

Alice said...

that is just perfect.