Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Extra Effort

For a long time, Linus had trouble with the word maracas. She called them caracas. She'd try to say it correctly, but time after time, it came out caracas.

Tonight at dinner, Linus was talking about our president, Maraca Obama. Poor child, she tries, she finally says the word correctly, but it's not the right word. Army and I chuckled, and she couldn't figure out what was so funny.

I can't help but think Maraca Obama is related to John O'Cain (I've heard Linus and many other kids her age call him John O'Cain).

4 comments:

katy said...

One day she will be able to tell her children all of these stories because you are documenting them here.
I can't stay off of facebook! Probably wasn't the best idea for me to join.

Leia H said...

LOL! I love hearing the kids try to pronounce things :) Delphina still says hangaber (hamburger) and the malt (the mall) LOL!

Jeannie said...

I love it! I miss some of the wrong words the girls used to say, and they still have trouble with some...so I am not trying to correct Nate too much on some of his. (one of my favorites is he needs his hat and 'glubs' when we go outside...)

Mike said...

At least yours figured out who the candidate are. My teenagers have a hard time figuring out who was running...