Friday, February 6, 2009

Extra Missed

Those of you who know me from elsewhere probably know where I got this.

Are there any products that you loved once upon a time but are no longer made?

I loved (as in my mom bought me a ton when I went to college because she was worried I wouldn't eat otherwise) Carnation Breakfast Bars. I think they still make the chewy ones. The ones I loved were before the chewy ones. They were harder. And delicious. I'm pretty certain they were bad for you, but when you start your day out with such goodness, it can't go wrong! I really, really, really miss them.

I also miss these little bags of granola goodness called Granola Crunch. I remember a green packet, a red one, and an orange one. The orange one was peanut butter flavored. They were little pouches of crumbled granola, and my mom used to surprise me with a pouch in my lunch every now and then.

Planter's Cheese Balls anyone? They used to come in a blue can with a yellow lid. They have some attempts at the airy yumminess (I think Cheeto's makes a 100 cal pack), but nothing even compares.

Hmm, does that say something about me that all the things I miss are food?

Oh, I know a non-food one. Bath & Body Works used to make a milk and honey body wash that came in a tall glass bottle. It left your skin so soft, and it smelled delicious.

Is there anything you used to be able to get but miss now?

3 comments:

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

I can no longer find the pens I like to write with. I know that sounds silly....they were clear, blue ink, medium point. Perfect. They are no longer around. SIGH.

Lori said...

I used to buy a can of those cheese balls and eat the entire thing in a day. The roof of my mouth would be raw. LOL Kroger has cheeseballs that are similar but they are in a bag. Oh and I remember those Carnation bars! They were like candy bars! Yum. I think there was also one called Figurine that had a chocolate one I LOVED, they were a diet bar I think. Slimfast had pudding mix too that was pretty good. Oh there are more I'm sure... But off hand. I miss 70's shampoos too. Agree, Body on Tap, Herbal Essence in the green bottle....

Alice said...

oh. my. god. Carnation Breakfast Bars (The hard ones --peanutbutter and chocolate) are what my brother and I were raised on. I'm not exaggerating when I say that is all we ate until we both went to college. I miss them. I don't want chewy. I don't want granola. And if I EVER find them again...I will let you know. I'm sending my mom over to see this blog..b/c she will be glad there is someone else out there who misses those breakfast bars as much as I do!!