Thursday, February 26, 2009

An Extra Stand

I've mentioned in the past that our family has eaten out more than we should. Lately, though, I've been a cooking machine. It is very rare that we eat out anymore. With flu season, Army comes home pretty late, and with school, Linus needs to head to bed pretty early. Eating out simply isn't an option most nights.

Linus usually loves whatever I cook. She will eat chicken any way it's served, which makes it very easy for me. Army is very easy to please--he doesn't care if we're having a gourmet meal or sandwiches. I have had a lot of variety in the meals I'm cooking, but apparently it's not what Linus was looking for.

One night this week, Linus fell asleep around six. She woke up and took her medicine around nine. We offered her dinner, but she decided to go back to sleep instead. The next morning on the way to school I asked her why she didn't want dinner the night before. I had to laugh at her answer:

We never eat out anymore. I was taking a stand.
Edited: Oops, I got it wrong! I can't believe I did that. She didn't say she was taking a stand. She said she "was making a statement." Same thought, different words.

6 comments:

Doreen said...

LOL! That's hilarious!

kim-d said...

BWAHAHAHAHA! I have said it before, but I will say it a gajillion more times...the teen years are going to be an interesting time in the Lagniappe household.

For now, though, I think maybe a blue bumpy or two is in order.

Leia H said...

OMG! I think that girl is too smart for her own good!

The Accidental Mommy said...

Ha ha, good one. I am not a good cooker, I am a much better drive- through- er. Just blog surfing and thought I would say hi.

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness, are you going to have plenty of blog fodder in the teen years! Hillarious!

Leeann said...

That's a smart kiddo, for sure!

Leeann