Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Extra Love

Most years Army and I don't really celebrate our true anniversary much. We were married a few days before Christmas, and since having children, we tend to do some last-minute Christmas shopping. We intend to go out, we even get a babysitter, but since we have a babysitter, we can't help but run those errands while we have one. This year was our tenth anniversary, and we did celebrate it in a grand way. Today marks 17 years that we've been together. Not something we tend to celebrate really.

This afternoon I crawled into bed after picking up Linus from school. Army had the day off, and he entertained Lolly while Linus and I took a nap. He came in to suggest we have dinner, but I didn't feel well and didn't want to get up. A little while later he suggested I get up and ready for dinner again. Turns out he had planned a dinner date for us. I felt horrible that ruined his surprise! I've got a rain check for later in the month though. :)

I'm so glad we made that decision 17 years ago! I feel really old (17 years?!?), but really loved!

3 comments:

Leia H said...

Happy Anniversary :) That was nice to read. Tomorrow marks 12 years for us (dating) and we used to celebrate every year. It's the simple things sometimes...you are lucky to have an amazing husband. Enjoy!

Alice said...

Happy anniversary!! I still make Ervin remember the anniversary of the first time we met, kissed, got engaged, etc. I love that your husband remembered and wanted to celebrate. Here's wishing you many, many more!

Mike said...

Congratulations on making 17. That is a feat. Never take it for granted. Remember your only as old as you feel...