Saturday, February 21, 2009

Last Call

Army and I went to a fundraiser auction tonight that benefits the school Linus attends. While we were there, a guy approached us to buy a raffle ticket. Army asked what it was for, and the guy said, "It's alcohol. Lots of beer and hard liquor." I perked up, but Army declined saying, "No thanks. I don't think we have any more room for it."

What? No room? How much liquor do you have???

Remember, Linus attends a religious school. We looked like total lushes!


PS--We did buy a raffle ticket, but we didn't win. :( It looked like a great assortment!

5 comments:

kim-d said...

Excusez moi? YOU MAKE ROOM, Army! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Did he have a momentary brain blip or what? A HUGE array of assorted liquor is always impressive, even if you don't drink. One never knows when they will start. :)

Happy Weekend! :)

katy said...

That's what stinks about being baptist. If I said I had rubbing alcohol someone would have stopped the fun and had a group prayer for me.

Alice said...

Damn, I'm going to convert from being Baptist. We don't get to buy raffle tickets or drink.

Publically, anyway.

Alice said...

OMG..I just read Katy's comment. 100% true!!

joanne said...

Katy and Alice...too funny!

I can't remember any fund-raisers that included alcohol at my school or my kids school. hmmm interesting. Sorry you didn't win -j