Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Extra Thanks!

Many, many thanks for the prayers. I still have not heard anything. I'm choosing to look at that as no news is good news. I won't call and disturb them. She'll (or her mom will) call when she's ready. At any rate, I'm very thankful for your prayers and good thoughts!
_______________

Some of you know that Linus had a medical procedure a few months ago. She has had a few seizures, so she had an MRI to rule out any brain structure abnormalities or tumors. She does not have clonic-tonic (formerly known as Grand Mal)---she does not convulse with her seizures. She does experience rapid eye movement on occasion though. When her physicians discuss the seizures with us and with her, they use the term "shake" on occasion.

Tuesday while we drove home from preschool, Linus and I were discussing how long it has been since she has had a big seizure. I asked her if we should celebrate that she hasn't had one in long time, and she said she wanted to. Then I asked her how we should celebrate. My child has the best outlook about all of this, and a fabulous sense of humor too. How did she want to celebrate? She said, "We should make blue bumpies (jello) so they can do the shaking!" :) My goodness, I love this child!

1 comment:

kim-d said...

Did I know about this? Is she okay? Sometime when you have time and if you don't mind, tell me more please. Yes...let those blue bumpies do the shaking, INDEED! I, too, love your child. Honestly, though, I also love your child's Mom. Really.

Still praying for your friend and her little babe.