Monday, November 5, 2007

Extra Strange

Two things happened tonight that were rather strange.


The first has me a little worried. Linus asked to go to bed tonight. She didn't want to go through most of our bedtime routine---she just wanted to get in bed! Since she wasn't interested in eating dinner tonight, I'm a little worried she's getting sick. I sure hope not! I hope it's just the time change catching up with her.


The second one involves our wonderdog. She barked! Now I know that's not unusual for most dogs, but our dog is a year and a half old, and I can literally count the number of times she's barked on one hand. The dog just does not bark. Ever. We kennel her when people come to work on our house, and they are always shocked to learn we have a dog. Doorbell rings? No bark. Stranger in the house? No bark. Needs to go out to potty? No bark. Tonight she barked! Lots of deep bellowing barks! Why? Well, because she's got priorities! She spotted an empty container of chocolate chip cookies in the garbage, so she barked to let us know she wanted some. Poor pup, maybe she'll bark before the container is empty the next time.


As a puppy


With "Ball Ball." Ball Ball goes everywhere with her!


With her favorite 4 year old :)

2 comments:

kim-d said...

The only thing I love almost as much as a feisty, genius 4-year-old Linus is a Wonder Dog like that (or my kitties).

What a gorgeous dog--I mean really! And about the barking over the empty cookie container? I don't think you even wanna know what that bark would translate to in English :). And it's just my opinion, but if Linus was a normal kid, I'd say she's definitely getting sick if she just wanted to get in bed. But, since Linus is Linus, it could very well just be that she was simply more tired than hungry, and did not feel up for any entertainment.

I miss ya, Lanny. I hope it's just that you're busy, and I did not say anything to offend you? If that is the case, please let me know!

Leeann said...

I hope Linus isn't getting sick! Seems like you guys were just getting over the cruds!

Leeann