Saturday, November 10, 2007

Extra Name Possibilities

Army and I knew there was no possible way we could pick Linus up on time after preschool Friday. I went ahead and asked the director if she could stay for aftercare. Linus loves aftercare because two of her friends stay late on Fridays, so I didn't feel too terribly bad about it.

One of the preschool teachers noticed Linus in aftercare and asked her where we were. "My mommy and Daddy are working on a new baby." Thankfully the teacher knew that wasn't the case and got a giggle out of it, but she did run with it a little bit. She had this conversation with Linus:

Teacher: They are working on a new baby?"

Linus: Yes, they sure are. I'm going to have a little sister for mommy and me, and I'm going to get a little brother for my daddy.

T: Really? What will your little sister's name be?

L: Caroline!

T: I thought your mommy likes the name Erin.

L: Nope, it's Caroline.

T: I really thought I heard your mommy say she likes the name Erin.

L: NO! CAROLINE! Her name will be Caroline!

T: But what if Mommy names her Erin?

L: That won't happen!

T: But what if it does?

L: IT WON'T HAPPEN! I can change her mind! It WILL be Caroline.

So, anybody think I have any choice/input on the name of a child? Oh, and anybody want to know what she'd name a little brother?

ROCKSTAR!!!

Thanks Linus, but no!

1 comment:

kim-d said...

I suppose there's no way you could slide "Erin Caroline" by her? And as for your future little boy, Rock Star? It's not really THAT odd, considering Moon Unit and Dweezil Zappa....HAHAHAHA!