Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Extra Prayers

I've got another prayer/good thoughts request. My best friend growing up is having a baby tomorrow (Wednesday). At her 20 wk ultrasound, they discovered that he has a very serious heart condition (I believe he has only 2 chambers, but I could have that wrong). From what I understand, he will be taken to Children's immediately, and he'll have to endure multiple surgeries. She's having him by c-section, so she won't be able to go with him. I know this is killing her. She also has a little boy four weeks older than Linus. He and Linus love each other dearly. She has always taken the approach that he will live (at least with me), and I truly believe he will. I know the 'what if' thoughts slip in though. Y'all, she's one of the greatest people I know. She is an incredible friend and an incredible mom. I'm sitting here in tears, not because I don't think he'll make it---like I said, I truly believe he will---it's just one of those things, when someone you love hurts, you hurt too. I am quite thankful that the medical community is prepared for his arrival and has a plan of action in place. Anyway, I'd appreciate the prayers/good thoughts for her and the baby, and I know she'd appreciate them too.

3 comments:

kim-d said...

Prayers it is. Many, many, many prayers.

Leeann said...

Well bless her heart. Truly. I will pray that the Lord is with both of them and gives her peace and her baby healing.

Leeann

Overflowing Brain said...

Consider them said. Over and over. Please let us know what happens.