Wednesday, September 5, 2007

An Extra Dose of Religion ('Cause We Need It!)

We're Catholic, but it seems as though Linus is trying to get us excommunicated. Don't believe me? I've got proof:

1) A friend gave Linus a Rosary when she was two or so. Linus LOVES it, and she wears it often. She finally calls it by its proper name most of the time. In the beginning though, she called it "Jesus on a leash." I'm fairly certain the Pope wouldn't be amused!

2) For at least a year, Linus called the steeple on a Presbyterian church near us a "witch tower." It had nothing to do with it not being a Catholic church, she was simply convinced that it truly was a witch tower.

3) She overheard an adult at preschool say, "Oh my God" one day, so now she says it. Hers is very deliberate though...more like Oh. My. God. We do correct her!

4) She truly believes the words to the chorus of The First Noel are "Oh well, oh well, oh well, oh well..." instead of "Noel, Noel..." Worse yet, none of my family can hear that song now without giggling.


She does provide some saving grace though. I'm pretty certain that's why they haven't kicked us out yet:

A) Remember what she calls a church playground?

B) Remember how we'll add to our family? You have to scroll down on this one to the last paragraph for the adding to our family part.

C) Remember her thoughts on Mufassa's death?

D) She truly loves going to chapel at her preschool and relates the stories she hears there to things that occur in our everyday lives.

Hopefully the good outweighs the bad and they'll let us continue to be members.

3 comments:

kim-d said...

As you can well imagine, "The First Noel" will never again be the same for me, either. MWAHAHAHA! oH.MY.GOD. Hehehe. I would just love to get a little peek at the inner workings of her mind, even for just a few minutes. Seriously, even if I didn't just love you Lanny, I'd still think that Linus is probably the most interesting child I've ever heard of. SO incredibly intelligent! What I can't wait for is when they start doing all of the school tests on her...WHOA. I'm thinking AP classes are in her future...You must give her a hug from me!

Overflowing Brain said...

Okay, confession. I *just* about 2 minutes ago found out what Langiappe means. If it wasn't for my anatomy professor I'm pretty sure I never would've known.

It makes so much more sense now! Ha! You're so punny! Ha!

Overflowing Brain said...

Ha, so am I, that was supposed to say funny, not punny. Eh, potayetoe potahtoe.