Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Extra Vocabulary Part II

What are the chances???

Tonight Army and I went out to dinner, and Linus stayed behind with a babysitter. Her babysitter and I are friends, and she is a teacher at the preschool Linus attends. I told her the story about Linus and the word.

When Army and I got home, the babysitter gushed about how good Linus was. I praised Linus and told her how proud of her I was. Then it happened. She decided to sit down in the grass, and the babysitter said, "Oh, be careful, that's probably damp."

Damn?

No, damP!

Oooh. Damn!

NO! DamPPPPP.

Ok, Ok, I won't sit in the damn grass.

Thanks teach! Now I can blame you if she says it at school!

2 comments:

katy said...

I'll never forget when my brother, who used to live many states away, brought his two year old to visit. My parents and I were taking him out to eat and when we were crossing into Kentucky he kept screaming "bitch, bitch." Took us a little while to figure out that meant bridge.

kim-d said...

And the little boy that I babysat for oh, so many years ago. Beautiful, wonderful, sweetest little boy in the world and I loved him dearly. He was perfect, EXCEPT he substituted "f" for "tr" when speaking. And he really, really liked trucks. However, he knew not what he was saying. Linus, on the other hand, knows exactly what she's saying, methinks! Oh, I just love her!