Monday, September 17, 2007

An Extra Invitation

First, many thanks for your well wishes for Linus! We are very thankful that she had a mild case! Thanks for the wonderful ideas too!
----------
Army spent the weekend with a wicked virus. He still isn't doing great. I love my family dearly, but I can only spend time inside the house for so long without going a little nuts. I was really looking forward to getting out today. Linus and I did get out (we've been given the ok), but not long after we got home I heard 6 little words that set my Mommy Alarm off. These are words every mother should want to hear, but they definitely invoke fear in me. After we had been home for about an hour, Linus said, "Mommy, can I take a nap?" I knew in an instant she was sick. Those words just don't cross the lips of my child. She has never been one to sleep anywhere but her bed or her carseat. When she does (I can count the times she's done it on one hand, even as a baby), she's sick. No exception. So, now she's sound asleep in my bed. I've tried to wake her, but she's not interested in getting up. Poor baby. I'm hoping it's just allergies or a simple cold! Time will tell, but I guarantee she's sick, not just tired.

So, who wants to come over and visit?

Oh come on, nobody?

Really? You don't want to come visit my chicken pox, wicked virus, and still-to-be-determined-illness germ infested home?

Gosh, y'all are no fun!

1 comment:

kim-d said...

Ya know what? If there was any possible way, I would come over and keep you company! I do not catch stuff; all of my adult life, even when I'm TRYING, I can't catch stuff. On the other hand, if I'm going to get something all on my own, I usually get it with a vengeance and am down for the count for about a week! I hesitate to even mention it, but I also hope you're not one to catch stuff easily or you're doomed, my friend! How about if you leave the two sleeping sickies inside and you go outside and pitch yourself a nice little tent to stay in? HA! All joking aside, I'm so sorry y'all are going through this, and I hope all are on the mend soon!