Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break Review

Our Spring Break can be summed up in two words: great and horrible.

Monday--rain, rain, rain, and more rain. We didn't get to do nearly as much as we wanted to.

Tuesday--portraits. We actually got a few good shots. As expected, Linus worked the camera while Lolly refused to smile. I can't wait to get a good look at them. All in all, it went much better than expected. Of course, in our book, it's always a success when we are not asked to not return.

Wednesday--the begin of the decline. Lolly stuck her finger in my eye. Not just a little poke-- she really stuck it in there. I called Army to complain and see what I could do for the discomfort (not much, we didn't have anything in the house to help). He called back to check on me, and decided to run home to bring me some numbing drops. They helped immensely, and he decided to stay home, which helped even more! He never ever cancels appointments. Thankfully his partner wasn't busy Wednesday. It seems my complaining was justified. The numbing drops held me over until I could get it looked at, and when I did, the dr said Lolly had not only scratched my eye, but she also damaged a muscle when she stuck her finger in the area between my eyeball and where it meets the head! Ouch! I still can't see well out of that eye, but it doesn't hurt as badly as it did.

Thursday--Lolly to the babysitter so I could spend some one-on-one time with Linus. We ran some errands, then we had a really nice lunch at a local bakery. We ran another errand which was a total bust, but other than that it was a great day. We didn't get to plant the seeds Linus picked out, but we knew we could do it the next day.

Friday--I got a new niece! She weighed one ounce more than Lolly, and she was the exact same length. I can't wait to see her and hold her! I planned to plant seeds this morning, but Linus slept late. When she got up, it was windy. Really windy. It was a no-go on the seeds. My ear started hurting, and by Saturday I had a raging ear infection. I'm wondering when my body is going to get the memo that I'm in my thirties, so I should not be getting EIs anymore!

We didn't get to do many of the projects I had planned, nor the ones y'all suggested because of my eye. We'll spread them out for after school fun, weekend fun, and summer fun. Thanks so much for the great suggestions! They all sound great! I'll try and post pics of what we did get to soon.

2 comments:

Leia H said...

Um ouch! That was painful just reading about your eye!! Tell Lolly to keep her hands to herself! ;)

I'm glad you had a nice break all in all. Sounds like planning ahead really paid off - you got a lot done. I can't wait until summer when I have many weeks with just my gals! :)

Leeann said...

YIKES! Sounds like spring break was far harder on your body than on any one or any thing else!

Hope your eye and ear are better!!