Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Birthday My Baby!



Happy Birthday

my sweet Linus!!!


Today you are SIX! My goodness, time flies!

Thank you for six of the best years of my life!

When you were one, you discovered your grandmother's velcro rollers (which, thank goodness, she doesn't use).




You got a musical set for your birthday, and you loved to climb in the drum!




The day before you turned two, you fell down and bumped your head on the coffee table. I rushed you to the dr's office, and thankfully you were fine. It never even bothered you!




That year Easter was less than three weeks after your birthday.




You loved to curl up and pretend you were watching tv.




You loved playing in your 'house' when you were three and for many years to come.




You got a bike for your third birthday. "Please may I ride?" came out your mouth ever single time we pulled into the garage and you spotted the bike.




At four, you discovered make-up. Give it a few years, Sweetpea.




Dance, dance, dance! You loved the parade!



At five, I took you for a haircut. They knew it was your birthday and treated you like a princess.




You picked out a cupcake that night. We had a real cake at your party.



And now you've turned six. This morning when you got up, you asked me, "Mama, are you proud of me?" Yes, my sweet, I sure am.

"And, Mama? Are you a little heartbroken too?" You can always make me smile!

I love you Linus!

13 comments:

brainella said...

She is adorable. :-) Happy Birthday, Linus!

Jeannie said...

Happy Birthday Linus! What a sweet post, she is simply beautiful! (I don't think I have ever seen her pic before!)

I can hardly believe that our babies are 6 this Month! ::sniff::

Leia H said...

Wow sweetie, that brought tears to my eyes :) It's an amazing journey we've been on with our growing babies isn't it?

Happy 6th Mom-A-Versary to YOU my dear friend, and a very happy 6th birthday to the sweetest of sweets, Linus :) Enjoy your days!

Mike said...

She is adorable. Wait for the teenage years, that will be when the real fun begins...

katy said...

I couldn't let all the pictures load with my stupid dial up but Linus is adorable and I'm sure the last 6 years have been fun.
Happy Birthday Linus!

Katie said...

Oh - that last line made me tear up a little! Why do they have to grow up!!

Leeann said...

Love, love, love this post! We so seldom see pictures of your children so this was an "Extra" big treat!

Happy Birthday, Linus!!

Leeann

kim-d said...

BAD, BAD, BAD AUNTIE KIM!!!

Happy, Happy 6th Birthday, Beautiful Girl!

Even though I am late with my wishes, they could not be more sincere. Even though I do not "know" you, Sweetie, I still feel like I do. You continually amaze me with your intellect, your beauty, and your wit. Even at age 6, I am predicting incredible things for your future. But, for now, I just wish the growing up process could be slowed down a little! May you always, always, always be proud of yourself! Happy Birthday, Dear Linus.

Lanny--Oh, those pix! That was the first time I saw the 1-year-old Linus. My gosh, what a beautiful baby! I LOVE the first one with the pink bow (and the bump on the head). And I loved the one with her fancy hairdo; I remember when that really happened! Thanks, Lanny, for sharing her--and you, Army and Lolly--with us. I hope her birthday was grand! :)

Alice said...

This one caused a lump in my throat!

joanne said...

look what happens when I don't check for two days...Linus goes and has a birthday! Happy Birthday girl...you are just adorable. It sounds as if you keep your mama on her toes and that is a good thing because mamas like happy surprises. Thanks 'mom' for sharing these 'cute as pie' pictures. She is obviously a very happy girl ;)

Astrid said...

How sweet! Love the pic timeline. She's a sweet girl, and lucky to have such a wonderful mom.

Anonymous said...

She is the cutest thing ever!!! Thanks for sharing! Happy birthday, Linus!!!

Debbie said...

I'm with Alice. A lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. Oh, Lannie they grow way too fast. This was a friggin ADORABLE tribute to her birthday!

Happy Birthday sweet Linus!