Thursday, March 26, 2009

Extra Love

Lolly. My sweet Lolly.

Lolly is seven months old now. How'd that happen so quickly? This is one of my favorite ages. She's a total monkey right now (I don't lift her up, but she won't let go). If she's lying down, she hooks her legs around my arm, her arms around my wrist, and she hangs on. She loves climbing things as much as her little body will allow. She's still an itty bitty thing, but she's getting big chunky thighs. Have I ever mentioned how much I love baby thighs?

I love her toothy grin. She's been working on getting her two bottom teeth. Poor baby, they both broke through on the same day. If you ask her, "Where are your toovies (that's what Linus called teeth when she was a baby)?" she'll open wide, stick her bottom jaw out a bit, and smile a big ole smile. I can't get enough of it. I ask her constantly. :)

I love listening to her babble. There's nothing sweeter than hearing "Mama" even if it doesn't have any significance to her yet. I still love it. I also love listening to her inflection. You can tell her mood by her babble. When she's happy, it's such a sweet babble. If she babbles a bit, but doesn't get the attention she wants, she gets louder and more direct.

She's obsessed with her feet. She holds them constantly, and they often find their way to her mouth. Her feet are finally starting to fill out a tiny bit. They are still really narrow, but we're getting there. Until recently, her feet looked like newborn feet, only a tiny bit longer.

She's far more into the oral stage than Linus ever was. If Lolly can pick it up, it's in her mouth. If she can't pick it up, she leans her head toward it so she can get her mouth on it. She's also much more analytic (can you even say that with a baby this young?) than Linus was. Linus was the most content baby ever. NOTHING bothered that child. Lolly is determined to figure out how things work. She's twist, turn, manipulate, etc objects until she can figure them out. We used a binky clip for about 30 minutes before she figured how to unclip it from her dress. She studied it and studied it until she could get it off.

And best of all, she's a cuddler. She loves to put her head on your shoulder and pat your back. I love it more! She loves to be cradled in your arms. If you lie down with her on your chest, she's transformed instantly into peacefully sleeping baby. It's instantaneous. Of course, that comes with the flip side too--she can't stand for me not to be in sight, and she does not like strangers at all.

Linus is still her favorite person in the world. I hope they are able to share the fantastic friendship that my sister and I have!

I remember wondering the same thing I've heard several friends wonder as the birth of their second child approaches: How on earth can I love this second one as much as I love my first? I remember everyone telling me that it wasn't just possible, it was a given. I secretly thought they were wrong. I simply could not fathom loving another child like I love Linus. I was so wrong. Turns out there was room in my heart to love another child with everything I have.

8 comments:

Alice said...

Awwww...this makes me even more excited to meet my little guy in July!

Mama said...

:) I love hearing about Lolly stories just as much as love reading about Linus.
Natalie

Leeann said...

Aww, she sounds so precious!

katy said...

There is always enough room in a mothers heart for one more.
Sounds like you have two wonderful little ones to love.

Anonymous said...

Sure. Make me wish for grandchildren when my daughter doesn't even have a boyfriend. Damn, got to find a nice Catholic boy and marry that girl off!

Jeannie said...

Great post! I miss the baby stage!

kim-d said...

Awww...Lanny! Just awww...

I want to see her toovies! I want to see her and Linus together...

What a lucky Mama you are. :)

Overflowing Brain said...

I. totally. want. one.