Friday, March 13, 2009

Noooooo!

Linus slipped a little gem in on the way to school Friday morning.

L: Mama, Quinn asked me if I wanted to kiss him yesterday.
Me: Um, uh, really?
L: Yeah, but it's ok. I told him no. Not just no, but no because we are too young. No because I'm not his girlfriend and he's not my boyfriend. I told him we're in kindergarten!
Me: Good for you Linus!
L: Mama, I'm not even thinking about marrying him, so there's no way I'm going to kiss him!

Ugh! Why does it have to start so young?

5 comments:

Leia H said...

Way to go Linus! Keep up whatever you are teaching that girl! I blame older siblings and older friends for influencing the young kids these days...Dee has several boys in her class that are already asking for her hand in marriage, but no kissing yet thank goodness!

joanne said...

oh mama, say it ain't so! YAY to Linus for standing up for herself...good grief..in kindergarden for Heaven's sake. Well Lanny what ever you and Army are doing seems to be working! If only she will listen in another 10 years ;)

Anonymous said...

Heh! Go Linus!

Jeannie said...

Good for her! (and I love her reasoning)

A note came home last week from the girls' teacher. Apparently there is a bunch of discussion among some of the kids (not mine) about boyfriends/girlfriends and who is sitiing with whom on the bus. And, apprently there was some kissing on the bus.....2 little boys....

I am sooo not ready to even think about my girls dating...

Alice said...

Oh, if only 20 year old girls had this wisdom....