Thursday, October 2, 2008

Embarrassing But True

I've mentioned before that we only eat dessert on Tuesdays and Saturdays. It's our way of keeping our weight in check. Unfortunately, we've been rather lax lately. Army and I discussed it (and our expanding waistlines) this weekend, and we decided it was time to get back to our Tuesday/Saturday rule.

And we did well Sunday and Monday. By Tuesday I wanted chocolate. We had a few pieces of mini candy, and we called it good...'til Wednesday when we had the following conversation. Oops!

Girl Who Won't Be Named: I want some chocolate.

Evil Husband: It's not Tuesday.

GWWBN: Um, duh! Yes it is!

EH: (laughing) No it isn't! Nice try.

GWWBN: YES IT IS! Look at the calendar Einstein.

EH: Ok, why don't you come here and look at it with me.

GWWBN: Why does it say October?

EH: Because it IS October. It's WEDNESDAY October first.

GWWBN: Stop being a jerk. It's not funny, and it's not cute. I'm emotional, and I'm hormonal. It's not a good combination, so stop messing with me!

EH: Um, really. It's Wednesday. Didn't I go to work today? (He doesn't work on Tuesdays)

GWWBN: Well, shit! Fine! But I still want chocolate.

EH: I thought we...

GWWBN: STOP RIGHT THERE. Don't even try to pull that 'I thought we were going to be good' stuff. I need chocolate. I need it now. It will make me feel better. Got it?

So the evil husband went to the store to get some chocolate. And the wife ate it...then she got sick. Twisted irony!

5 comments:

Alice said...

Oh no! As you saw - chocolate is a no-no in our house now, too. Hope all is well with Linus' new school and y'all are loving having Lolly home.

:)

Jeannie said...

Oh, but chocolate isn't a dessert....it is a food group. It has health benefits and everything! It comes from a bean, you can add it to milk, I have heard something about good antioxidants.....You can even melt it and put it on fruit--extra healthy... :)

(I have been known to get caught by the kids eating a handful of chocolate chips.....)

:) :)

Jeannie said...

PS- Godd for "EH" for going to get you your chocolate!

Overflowing Brain said...

That is twisted and very depressing irony.

Have some phenergan and feel better soon.

Sorry I've been a lousy blog friend. I'm still reading, just not doing a very good job of commenting lately. Congrats to Linus on the new school!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Your hubby is a sweetie for going to get you chocolate!