Wednesday, October 22, 2008

An Extra Meaning

Before I tell tonight's Linusism, let me make clear that SHE DOES NOT KNOW THAT DEFINITION OF THE WORD!!!

Poor Linus has and ear infection, and she got a shot today.  Poor Lolly got four shots today.  My kiddos had a rough day.  Because she wasn't feeling well, Linus asked if we could have a picnic for dinner.  We obliged with an indoor picnic.  It lifted her spirits a little, which put smiles on our faces. 

Shortly after dinner, we had Deal or No Deal on.  On tonight's show the ladies came out in short nurse uniforms.  As they are walking out, Linus looked at Army and said, "Hey, I know the name of that movie; it's Lady and the Tramp!"   I'm not sure which one of us laughed more, and poor Linus had no idea what was so funny.
---------------
And speaking of shots...Jeannie and Melissa have these amazing children who did well with their flu shots this year.  I'm inviting them to take Linus with them next year. NEVER AGAIN WILL I TAKE HER!!!  Linus used to be a fabulous shot-taker. This year? Horribly embarrassing.  My sweet child bolted for the door.  I wanted to hide under the exam table.  She screamed and screamed. Then she had the nerve to tell the lady at the front desk that she didn't cry at all (in hopes of getting a sucker).  True, she didn't cry--she S.C.R.E.A.M.E.D.  It was awful!  So Jeannie and Melissa, either you have to tell me how you did it this year (and yes, I bribed!), or you get to take Linus next year.  ;)
 

7 comments:

Leia H said...

OK, but I'm sending Dee to them too! She knows Jeannie....Delphina screamed as well...in fact she was screaming, "No Mom no! I don't want the shot, please don't make me get the shot, no no no! Help help help please!" OMG it was so embarrasing.....such an actress! She shut up the second the needle hit her leg! Are we all feeling better today?

Mama E said...

Ok, Audrey(3), didn't cry at all. Caroline (5), whimpered. Lydia (almost 7) FREAKED OUT!!!!!!! We had to hold her down and she's pretty darn strong! :)

The worst part was I had been preparing them for the Flumist thing up the nose and when we got there they were OUT so then we had to have shots! UGH! At least it's done for now! :)

Melissa said...

Well, my Ethan was the biggest baby this time. Trey and Rachel did fine, but not Ethan. He was the one running for the door and screaming so the entire practice heard him. lol We got lots of "oh, was that you we heard screaming??" when we walked out the door!

Jeannie said...

We would gladly welcome all visitors!

It was the 5 yr. checkup that Cassie flipped out on, I was sooo mortified... so this time, yes, I bribed, and also used my no nonsense mommy voice to tell them they were not to throw a fit. Little tears, okay, but nothing more. Surprisingly it worked! Just a smidge of tears, but yay!

Alice said...

I still scream about shots and I'm 32 years old. My mother would like someone else to take me, too. :)

Anonymous said...

I have an older cousin who is so big, he looks like a football player. He nearly passes out just thinking about shots. Now doesn't that make you feel better?

Seriously, she'll get over it. And with how some of those shots feel afterwards, it's understandable. The freaking tetanus one makes you feel like someone punched you in the arm.

Doreen said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know I commented on your comment on my blog. :o) We don't do flu shots, but Kaylee (3.5) is up for the MMR shot next month, and it's not going to be pretty...