Thursday, December 25, 2008

Extra Thankful!

One of our Christmas traditions is baking a birthday cake for Jesus. Linus loves helping me, and who doesn't like eating cake?

This year I made sure I had everything I needed. Late last night, I discovered my cake mix (there's no way I'm messing up my kitchen making a cake from scratch when I know I'll be cleaning wrapping paper, twisties, cardboard, etc all day) had been opened. Oh no! Nobody is open Christmas Eve late at night, nor are they open Christmas Day.

WALGREENS to the rescue. Our 24 hour Walgreens, which isn't my Walgreens, but isn't too far away either, was open! MANY, MANY, MANY thanks to the employees who reported to work on a day others enjoy as a holiday. They saved a family tradition for us.

1 comment:

katy said...

We don't have any walgreens near us, but then we don't have much of anything near us.
Glad you got to keep your tradition going. My cousin does the birthday cake she and her children let the wind blow out the candles.