Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Extra Special

Army outdid himself this past weekend.

Friday was our tenth anniversary. He booked the exact same room we spent our wedding night in. After a delicious dinner, he had chocolate covered strawberries waiting in our room--just like on our wedding night. We enjoyed a cool breeze and drinks on the balcony before returning to the room to munch on some more strawberries. AND we didn't have to get up at 4:15 to head to the airport for our honeymoon this time, so sleeping in a bit was very nice!

The weekend didn't end there though. On Saturday we headed to my aunt and uncle's house to visit with family, and naturally, eat some more. Despite spending loads of time playing with cousins, Linus did pretty well. We also visited a new restaurant (more later this week) that my friend owns. It was delicious. Linus had had it by this point though, and she fell asleep in my lap while Lolly slept in my arms. It was a lovely day and evening spent with friends and family.

The only part of the entire weekend that didn't go as I'd hoped was that I did not get to meet Katie. I had really been looking forward to meeting her, but my own stupidity got in the way (I left my computer with her info at home). :( Hopefully she'll forgive my incompetence and be willing to attempt meeting another time!

4 comments:

brainella said...

Our anniversary is coming up so I may need to get my hubby to read this... :-)

Doreen said...

Happy Anniversary! Our 10th is coming up in May, though I'm fairly certain we won't be celebrating it at the hotel we stayed at for our wedding night. Seeing as we'd have to travel to AZ to do that. :p In fact, we probably won't be going to any hotel at all, unless we bring the baby. And where's the fun in that? We're tentatively planning something big for our 15th. By then the kids will be old enough to stay with my family for a week or so, and we may do another river cruise in Germany (like we did for our honeymoon). Looking forward to it already! :o)

katy said...

My husband does not have a romantic bone in his body. He is a wonderful man who will do anything for me, as long as I plan it out and just tell him what to do. Sigh. You must be lucky to have army. I know I am very lucky to have my superhubby even if he isn't romantic.

Overflowing Brain said...

Hey, it was a group effort on missing the meet up. My scheduling nightmares and your computer.

You're forgiven, if you can even forgive someone without them actually doing anything wrong in the first place. Because, dude, you have 2 small children, I'm amazed you're capable of leaving your own home period.

:)