Sunday, June 29, 2008

An Extra Thought or Two

Do you ever see something that makes you think about a fellow blogger?  The longer I blog, the more I find things that make me think of people I don't even really know.  It's really kind of strange.  

Near my old house, there was a place called Daisy Nails.  Every time I passed it, I'd think about Daisy's blog.  If we eat at Outback, sometimes Katie's blog will dance through my mind.  I saw a salty nut roll at the grocery store a few days ago, and I nearly laughed out loud because of Kim.  There are several other things or places that make me think of other bloggers too. I don't do this on a daily basis (yet), but it does happen often enough that it's made me wonder if the rest of y'all do it too.

On a related note, I saw a picture of a guy on a blog recently who looked incredibly similar to my best guy friend in high school.  We had an amazing friendship that actually lasted into college even though we didn't attend the same schools.  He made it very clear that he wanted more than a friendship, but I really wasn't interested. Looking back, I think it was really a maturity thing. All the girls went wild over him, and I think in an incredibly immature way, I liked that I had a guy friend that the rest of the world wanted who would do anything for me at anytime.  I was scared I'd lose that if we dated and broke up.  

We spent as much time as possible together, and my parents adored him (thankfully or they'd never have let me out the house that much).  In college, every time I decided I wanted my furniture to be rearranged, he come over to do it.  And we could talk for hours without an uncomfortable lull in the conversation.  

We don't really keep in touch anymore, but if either one of us sees a mutual friend, the first thing out of their mouths is to tell us how the other is doing.  On the rare time that we do see each other, we talk as though it's been no time at all.  

Well, I was shocked to have a dream with him in it last night.  This morning, I thought and thought about where on earth that could have come from, and it finally occurred to me that I saw a picture of somebody that looked like him in on a blog. Once again, blogs invade my thoughts.  

So, is there anything that ever makes you think about another blogger?  

9 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I don't think I've dreamt about another blogger yet, except for my BFF but I don't think that counts.

Now I want to!!

Hallie ;)

Leia H said...

I always think of you Lanny, when I think of the wonderful gift of being a mommy :)

I think of Lori whenever I see scrapbooking stuff.

If I see a cool tattoo or perhaps a fancy yarn, I think of Catherine.

Anyone with a Southern accent makes me think of one of my online friends.

And I frequently dream about my blogging friends, even the ones I've never seen a photo of. Friends are friends, I guess. No matter where you find them. :)

Debbie said...

Oh gosh yes...especially now that I'm taking pictures to blog! When I was at the lake, I was trying to see it thru the camera to post!

Anything gross always reminds me of Hallie LOL!

Cops remind me of Lisa, the list goes on and on. Yes, I get ya girl!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I haven't seen anything yet to make me think of any of my new blogger firends. I have to agree with Debbie, I think something gross would remind me of Hallie - lol.

kim-d said...

No. Never. I do not ever think of any bloggers once I step away from my computer. Okay, well maybe every now and then :).

I've had dreams about you but I can't tell you about them here. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

I think of you whenever I see cute kids behaving well & of Katie @ Overflowing brain during all the summer wedding-talk amongst my girlfriends. So funny!

katy said...

There have been a couple of songs that made me think of Kim D and Bill, but I told her about those long ago.
Anytime I see a wiener dog it reminds me of Hallie!

Lizzy said...

Well hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I appreciate it, and it was nice to hear from someone who could empathize with my situation.

:)

Lizzy

Overflowing Brain said...

Yes and no. I don't dream about it, but it definitely goes through my head a lot. I'll often have a thought and the way it comes out in my head reminds me of the way other bloggers write. You know, just how some people phrase things certain ways?

Having only seen pictures of like 2 of my blogging "friends" it's not often that I actually think about their faces, but I do wonder about others a lot. Perhaps I have too much free time on my hands?