Friday, June 6, 2008

Extra Strange!

I should have known I was getting sick.

Early, early this morning at 2:50 I bolted out of bed.  Army asked me what I was doing, but I was on a mission, and I didn't have time to answer him.  Not that it mattered, because he was asleep again within seconds.  I had been startled awake by the sound of a helicopter.  I listened to it get louder and louder, until it was so loud and remained so loud for so long, that it had become apparent that it had made an emergency landing somewhere near.  I peeked out our window, but I didn't see anything.  Next I ran to the front room, stopping to take a quick look to make sure Linus was ok on my way.  When I got to the front room, there was a LOT of light coming in from the outside, so I was pretty certain the helicopter must be near the front of our house. Much to my surprise, there wasn't one in sight.  As I went back to our room, I was a little annoyed that Army was able to sleep through it, but I wasn't totally surprised because the boy can sleep through anything.  I crawled back in bed and tried to figure out where it was coming from.  After about five minutes, I heard it take off and the sound became softer, then eventually disappeared.  I continued to try to figure the mystery out, but eventually fell asleep.

This morning, Army asked what was up last night.  Before I could even begin to ask him how on earth he slept through a helicopter that had very obviously landed on our roof, he said, "Really, Lan, WHY were you running around looking out the windows when the air conditioner turned on? You settled down as soon as it went off. What was up?"  

What? The air conditioner?

Oh, so it wasn't a helicopter after all?

I had to think of an excuse quickly, because there is no way he'd let me live that one down.  I mumbled something about hearing music and wondering where it was coming from.  

Despite that way-off-the-wall semi-conscious running through the house I did last night, it still didn't dawn on me that I might be getting sick.  When I'm sick, I have w-e-i-r-d dreams, and I think it's pretty safe to say this was weird.  Around 10 this morning, a little tummy bug reared its ugly head, and that's when it all made sense. That's why I though the air was a helicopter. That's why I ran through the house like a complete moron.  Lovely thing illness does, huh?

2 comments:

Leeann said...

Bless your heart! I hope you feel better soon.

What was the good news you alluded to a while back? I keep thinking you are going to say something but you haven't!

Leeann

Debbie said...

Ohhhhh I'm hoping you're feeling better by now!

I don't mean to laugh, but I LOL'd at the helicopter/AC!! It was just too funny :)