Monday, June 16, 2008

Extra Heartbroken

For the second time in less than a month, my heart has been broken into tiny pieces.  A few days ago we found out that somebody we care about deeply, somebody who has been like a grandfather to my Linus, somebody we love was gravely ill.  Now, we've learned that he has passed away.

While I mourn his loss, my heart aches for my baby.  She's cried most of the afternoon.  She'll have a few minutes of calm, quickly followed with tear filled questions like How long will it hurt so badly?  She'll make statements that are way beyond her five years such as It hurts so bad deep in my heart.  


Here's to Pop: Thanks for loving my child like your own. Thanks for thrilling me with statements like Linus is the smartest child you've ever known. Thanks for helping Army figure out how to fix things when he's gotten stumped.  Thanks for teaching my Linus about fishing, climbing trees, and taking care of things.  And above all, thanks for teaching us by example to be good people. You've made a lasting impression on my family, and we'll be forever grateful. Our lives are better for having known you!

4 comments:

Leeann said...

I'm so sorry. I'm sorry because I know you are hurting and I am even sorrier because there is nothing worse than watching your child grieve and hurt.

Gentle hugs,
Leeann

Anonymous said...

Oh, no. I am so sorry!

Leia H said...

Blogger ate my post....

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to everyone. To Linus - I bet that man's life was oh so much better, just for having you in it. I'll be thinking of you.

Bayou Belle said...

Ugh. Sorry . . .