Wednesday, December 5, 2007

An Extra Personality

Got this from my friend Leia. I was going to do a separate post for the recipe later this week, but since I'm stealing from her already, I though I'd just do it all together.

First:

You Are Rudolph
Sweet and shy, you tend to be happiest when you're making someone else happy.
Why You're Naughty: You sometimes stick that nose where it doesn't belong
Why You're Nice: Christmas would be a sad affair without you!



Second:
Leia is partially responsible for keeping Army very happy once or twice a month. She passed this recipe along, and Army LOVES it. If I let if fall from the rotation occasionally, he lets me know. Linus loves it too. She absolutely loves chicken and pineapple, so it's a win-win for her. It's so easy it's almost embarrassing, but it keeps them happy.

Leia's Slow-Cooker Pineapple Chicken
2-3 lbs chicken breasts
1/2 c teriyaki sauce
1 sm onion cut into wedges (I leave this out--Army hates onions)
1 med can (14 oz) pineapple chunks in juice

Cook on low 6-7 hours
Serve over rice or noodles (Sometimes we eat it plain too)

Easy, huh? You'd think I could remember that recipe, but before I memorized it, I had to ask Leia for it a zillion times. She's a dear. She always gave it and never complained. She had to be thinking what an idiot I was though; I know I did! **I do have it written down now. Had it saved to my computer, but that file is lost in nowhere land now.

1 comment:

Jackietex said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I made it tonight and it got rave reviews. I just recently started reading your blog, I don't even know how I came across it, but I love your Linus stories.