Thursday, December 20, 2007

Aging Extra Quickly

My cousin sent Linus some clothes today. Linus was having a ball digging through the box when she came upon a Nemo nightgown (which she calls a nightdown). She immediately pulled it out and held it up to her. As she began dancing around with it, we had the following conversation:

Linus: A Nemo nightdown! I have wanted this my whole life!
Me: Exactly how old are you?
Linus: Four. It might not be that long to you, but to me it's For.Ev.Er!

Seriously, where does she come up with this stuff?

****************
How could I forget my favorite Christmas (wrong) lyrics?
It's no secret that Linus really wants a baby brother or sister, so maybe that is where this one comes from:
Oh, bring us some baby pudding (Oh, bring us some figgy pudding from We Wish You a Merry Christmas). :)

2 comments:

kim-d said...

A nightdown, huh? When you stop to think about it for a minute, that really does make more sense! And I guess SHE told YOU, huh? Ya know, more and more it's getting so it's no longer just about the things she says, but also about HOW she says them. I mean, WHAT 4-year-old--besides Linus--understands there is a difference in perspectives between Mamas and kids? That is AMAZING! I'll bet you felt just a tad bit bad about questioning how long she'd been wanting the Nemo nighdown, huh?

Leia H said...

What a smart little critter! Dee frequently says "I've been waiting all my whole life!" and it makes me giggle!