Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Extra Loud, Extra Clear

Linus had her preschool Christmas program today. She, as usual, was front and center. I've always thought she was front and center because she is so tall. Not so the director told me. She said Linus is always in the middle because they know she'll perform. As the director said, "There's not a shy bone in that child."

She actually had lines in the program this time. Usually she's singing and dancing (and in years past, lifting her shirt to expose all her glory while her father and I cringe), but this year she even spoke. She spoke loud and clear. She had 31 words for her part. Yeah, I admit I'm the dork that counted, but I think that's a sizable amount for a four year old to memorize! If it's not, please don't burst my bubble. And she danced. The child danced her heart out as she sang Away in a Manger (I know, not so much of a dancing song, but Linus absolutely canNOT stand still if there's music being played in a five mile radius).

All of my pictures have other children in them, and I really don't think it's fair to post them on the internet without their parents' permission. I'll try to crop them out tomorrow so I can post them. For now, here's a pic with Santa who made a surprise visit after the breakfast.


3 comments:

kim-d said...

Awww, I am so proud of her! Really, my gosh, you would think she was another one of my grandkids, the way I'm sitting here smiling like an idiot over her accomplishments--31 words is HUGE, even for someone three times her age! HUGE! And she remembered all of it? What a girl! That picture with Santa? Well...I knew she was tall, but my gosh--THOSE LEGS! Is it just me, just the picture, an extremely short Santa, or does that girl have, like, VERY long legs? Being one with the short, stumpy variety, I notice those things :)!

As soon as I read the part about her need to dance anytime there is music, I immediately thought of that song "I Hope You Dance"--which I love. I will now forever more think of Linus when I hear that song. I know I say this all the time, Lanny, but I mean it all the time, too--she is just a beautiful, smart, funny, all-around-wonderful kid--and I'm so glad I "know" you guys!

Leeann said...

I think she is one of the prettiest little girls I have ever seen. You always have her looking so pretty with a great big bow!

You've been tagged on my blog for a meme-that-is-not-a-meme-but-a-Hoopla so trot on over there and check it out!

Leeann

Leia H said...

Awww how darling! I'm jealous that our school doesn't do a program - they have a sing along at the end of school next week - but it's at 11:00AM...like I can get to that!