Sunday, December 2, 2007

An Extra OUCH or Two

I've been MIA for a few days, but I have a good (or bad depending on how you look at it) excuse.

First of all, I have a killer ear infection. For crying out loud, I'm in my thirties! Shouldn't these have ended, oh say, 30 years ago?

To make matters worse, Linus has some fluid in her ears, so she's unbelievably loud. Our neighbors should be calling soon to ask us to quiet her down some. I suspected she had some fluid based upon how loud she's been, but I didn't know for sure. Army usually has to look in her ears for true confirmation (or we have to take her to the pediatrician). He simply does not understand why I can't grab his otoscope and look myself. I can look, it just means nothing to me. Nothing. I didn't even have to have him look this time. Linus had been in her room napping, and when she woke up she asked if she could come out. I told her that she could, but she never appeared. She asked again, again I said yes. Once again, she didn't come out. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if your child doesn't come out of their room after you've told them they may that they are either up to something terribly naughty, or they simply can't hear you. I checked on her, and as suspected, she never heard me give her permission. Army checked her ears, and sure enough, I was right. Why did he spend all that money an a degree when I can diagnose just as well? ;)

Our other problem this week: our dishwasher broke. Army tried what he could, but nothing helped. We called a plumber, but he said we need a new motor. He suggested just getting a new dishwasher, but I think we may just go with a new motor. I just can't wrap my head around replacing a 3 year old appliance. We called a repair man to replace the motor, but he can't come for TWO weeks. Ok, so I know people washed dishes by hand in the past, and some still do, but I don't. Well, at least I don't like to. At all. These next two weeks are going to be a challenge.

2 comments:

kim-d said...

Awww...she stayed in her room because she couldn't hear you say she could come out...Lanny, I could almost cry over that! Oh my gosh, I must be hormonal :). Really, though, that is so sad...I can't even imagine that little bit of a girl being LOUD and, again, she doesn't even know it!

I still get ear infections, too--in fact, that was part of my recent "crud" in addition to all the rest. So, please, take good care and rest as much as you can so it doesn't get worse. Listen to Mom...HAHAHAHA!

Write to me when you can...PLEASE...cause I miss you very much and also because I wanna know what you find out/decide on the dishwasher issue. Hugs and feel better thoughts to both of you!

Leeann said...

Ear infections stink. They really hurt. I hope you are finding some relief.

What is the cost of the repairman and the new motor VS a new dishwasher? You could always freecycle the old one if you don't want to add to the whole dump issue.

I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon.

Leeann