Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Extra Word Play

For years now I've told Linus it is time for "Beddy Bye." Last night she was getting her Bitty Baby doll, Caroline, ready for bed. She gently dressed Caroline in her pajamas, cradled her head, and rocked her. Then she started walking towards her room and said, "Come on Caroline, it's time for Bitty Bye." :)
____________

The other day Linus and I were about to head out for some errands. I said, "Why don't you wear __________ (I can't even remember what I suggested)?" She told me, "I'd rather wear my pretty pink princess Happy Birthday shirt."

Your what???

My pretty pink princess Happy Birthday shirt!

Linus, you don't have a pretty pink princess Happy Birthday shirt.

She got a little grin and said, "Well, I guess I really need to get one then!"

1 comment:

kim-d said...

BWAHAHAHAHA! So, DID she get a pretty pink princess Happy Birthday shirt? Huh, Mom? How, pray tell, could you resist? Because, right now at 2:30 a.m., I AM ready to head out in search of a pretty pink princess Happy Birthday shirt...

It's a good thing you're there and I'm here because I really think that I am probably powerless over YOUR kid :)!!!!