Saturday, October 27, 2007

An Extra Dose of Linus

Last year Linus and I were in Walgreens. They had their Halloween display out, and it included Winnie the Pooh and Tigger inflatables dressed in Halloween costumes. Linus (then 3!) totally out-witted me. Here's our conversation as we walked in:




L: Mommy, who is that?


M (slightly confused because I knew she knew who it was): Pooh


L: And who is that?


M (more confused because I really knew she knew who it was): Tigger


L: Oh. Do you know what Tigger says to Pooh at Halloween?


M: No, what?


L: TIGGER TREAT! (Get it? Tigger treat---> Trick-or-Treat)





The people who were near us cracked up, which just fueled Linus on. The WHOLE time we were at the store, and for days afterward, all we heard was "Tigger Treat!"





One of my friends loved it so much that she loaned us a Tigger costume. Poor Linus, she put it on, but it freaked her out.






Then I offered a bribe to get her to smile. It worked!






Then she got to change. She decided to be a ballerina. We took her trick-or-treating. Unfortunately, she didn't get the concept of staying at the door after she rang the doorbell. Oops!



I'll let you know how this year goes. :)

3 comments:

Leeann said...

ROFL! Those pictures are priceless. Especially the teary one in the Tigger suit, followed by the bribe smile. lol
That house she is running from has a BEAUTIFUL doorway! I don't know where you live but it sure is pretty!

Leeann

kim-d said...

Have I told you lately how gorgeous that little lady is? And how much I just love her Mom? I, too, get a huge kick out of sad Tigger and the, voila, happy Tigger--just look at that face! And the ringing the bell and running AWAY? BWAHAHAHA. I love when you post pix!

kim-d said...

HI GIRLS! Miss you very much!!!! Don't be a stranger, Lanny! I had to come over again just to get another look at the little Tigger Treater...hehehe! Love you guys!