Monday, September 8, 2008

Another Update

My family has returned to NOLA.  Thankfully most returned to power and homes in good condition.  My sister wasn't so lucky.  She's dealing with the nightmare we all know as insurance.  She has no power, which doesn't sit too well with a pregnant lady with two small children.  She has an amazing attitude though and doesn't complain.  Ever.

At my home, things are settling down.  The differences in my two girls are already apparent.  Linus only cried when she was hungry, and it was just a little snort most of the time.  She didn't hate being held, but she MUCH preferred socializing, which meant she wanted to face out so she could see the action.  Linus was very scheduled from the beginning.  She hated being swaddled---she was all about freedom.  She loved baths and being naked.   Linus never complained about a dirty diaper ever.  NOTHING bothered Linus.

Lolly? Completely opposite in every way.  She's a fussy baby.  She insists on being held constantly.  She snuggles up and buries herself in your neck (which I love!).  She's about as non-scheduled as one can get.  She isn't happy unless she's swaddled, and she loathes baths and being naked.  You know the second her diaper is dirty, and she fusses until the diaper change is completely over.

Speaking of which, she's furious because I put her down, so I've got to run and see if I can make her happy again...

5 comments:

Alice said...

Awww...I can't wait to hear more about Lolly and how Linus is loving being a big sis. :) Glad your family is safe. I have a (step) brother and sister in Baton Rouge who are still without power too. My step-brother has a newborn at home...it's been difficult. But they are safe - which is the most important thing!

Hope your house is settling back down. I'll be happy to come snuggle a baby for you if you need extra hands. ;)

Anonymous said...

The fact that siblings are so different is a plot, created by them. It is to keep us off guard so we never know what to expect.

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

I think we need more Lolly & Linus photos :-)

Leia H said...

Maybe she'll potty train early? ;) Differences in siblings keep us on our toes....and prevent us from having more children so soon!!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Sorry to hear that sister suffered some damage, but glad the rest of your family made out ok. I have my Mom with me until we know for sure what Ike is going to do. I would love to see a picture of your two weet little girls.