Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Catfish Anyone? How 'Bout a Side With That?

Two years ago, I posted my first real post here. Things haven't changed too much at my house...
Here's the first post:

An Extra Dose of Embarrassment!

(at the time this occurred, Linus was about 3)

I took Linus to lunch at a local restaurant that I love in the town where my parents live. It was just the two of us. Here's our conversation:

Linus: Mommy, look at his pecker.
Me: Linus, let's play I spy. I spy with my little eye something green.
Linus: Is it the leaf, Mommy? Look, he has a pecker too!
Me: Ok, Linus, your turn. What do you spy?
Linus: I spy something blue. (then a guy walks by and she looks in his direction). Look Mommy he has a big pecker!
Me: (thinking...blue...blue...find something BLUE!)
Linus looks in another direction and says, "and he has a small pecker"
Me: Um, blue! Uh, could it be that chair?
Linus: No
Me: (BLUE, BLUE, find something blue!), could it be that picture?
Linus: No, look mommy, his pecker is hard and looks old!
Me: Linus, shhh, we'll talk about that later!
Linus: Why Mommy, don't you see his pecker?
Me: Linus, ssshhhhh!
Linus: Look, Mommy, his pecker is different colors! And llllooooooonnnnnggggg! Then she points up near the ceiling.

I looked up and there was a parrot! The restaurant has fake trees with lots of parrots! She was talking about the parrot's beak!

Whoosh, big sigh of relief! Still embarrassed, but sooo glad my 4 year old princess doesn't know that kind of pecker!


And here's what just happened at our house:

Linus used a back scratcher and attached some of the hook rings from Lolly's toys to create a fishing pole. She'd "catch" other items by attaching them to the rings. When she hooked a cat, she announced that she caught a "catfish." When she hooked a sword, she caught a "swordfish." Then she decided to cook her catfish. I asked what she was cooking, and she said, "I'm cooking catfish with a side of potato wedgies."

Poor girl, she's got great ideas, and she even has a pretty extensive vocabulary, she just gets the words wrong sometimes.

7 comments:

kim-d said...

BWAHAHAHAHA...I love me a good potato wedgie. It's so preferrable to all other kinds of wedgies!

How on earth did I ever miss that first post. That is a Linus classic! So many varied peckers, all in one place. Interesting restaurants you people have there! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

katy said...

After thinking about this extensively...(at least 3 minutes) I'm pretty sure you could write a bestselling book for young parents. It would be funny and at the same time it would prepare them for the future. You could have sections on cuteness and sections on linusisms.

Anonymous said...

OMG. I was like what are you teaching that kid? LOL We all have such dirty minds...

Mike said...

I don't think she got the words wrong. I talk like that all the time at the house. Of course this would explain why my wife looks at me funny....

Leia H said...

Happy Blogiversary! :) I LOVED reading that first post! LMAO!

katie said...

Happy 2 years Lanny.

I can't wait to read what Lolly says when she's Linus' age. Too funny!

Flea said...

Too funny!!! We used to have a pecker in our kitchen! Nasty creature bit the children and had to find a new home. I'm not so keen on peckers now. :)