Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oh Lolly, My Lolly

My sweet Lolly has really blossomed lately. She continues to be the complete opposite of Linus, but that just makes being their mom even more fun.

A few weeks ago, Lolly learned to say "hi." More accurately, she learned to whisper "hi." Poor baby had been with me on errands most of the day, and she crashed in her carseat on our way home. Since she's rather small for her age (10 months, can you believe it? I can't!), she still fits in the infant carrier. I didn't want to wake her, so I quietly brought her in and put her carrier down right outside the bright lights of the kitchen. I could still easily see her, but the lights wouldn't wake her up. I was surprised when she still hadn't woken up when we finished dinner. I debated waking her so that I could feed her, but I decided to wait until after I finished cleaning the kitchen. As I'm wiping down the table, I thought I heard something. Neither Army nor Linus were near, so I decided I imagined it. A minute later, I heard it again. And again. And again. I looked over at Lolly, and she was grinning ear to ear and whispering, "Hi!" It was so adorable, and it completely melted my heart. I really wish I'd had the video camera nearby.

9 comments:

Leia H said...

Oh that's beautiful :)

brainella said...

See...it's stories like this that make me want to have another baby. But as I've said before, I'm too OLD. :-)

joanne said...

I want one of those...(don't tell my daughter!). She is precious...;p

Lori said...

What a dolly Lolly! That is super sweet. I would melt too. I can't believe she's 10 months already!

Jeannie said...

Log how sweet!!!

katy said...

I miss those day....you will too one day. But this blog will be a good way to remember.

Leeann said...

That is so incredibly cute and sweet. Love it!

Alice said...

Awwwwwwwww

Flea said...

Awww! That's just the sweetest thing!