Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Well Hello Again!

I finally remembered my blog address, so here I am. Just kidding. We've had a LOT going on. In the past few weeks:
*Linus had surgery
*Linus had surgery issues
*Army had a birthday
*I took the girls to my parents to celebrate my dad's birthday
*Linus cut the ever living daylight out of her finger
*Linus had more surgery issues
*Linus started first grade. FIRST GRADE!!!! How'd that happen?
*Linus had a project for school
*My dad spent a week in the hospital in congestive heart failure (he's still there)
*Linus had another project for school (seriously--two in the first three days!!!)
*I've had four meetings
*I've been preparing for Lolly's first birthday, yes it's been a year. She'll be one (sob!)

Sooo, I've been busy. I've checked blogs, but probably only once in the past few weeks. I've got a load of emails to return. I've got more work to do with Linus, and I've got to finalize things for Lolly's birthday. Thankfully we only do family for first birthday parties. I can't imagine planning a huge party right now.

Oh, and did I mention I had house guests for a total of eleven of those days (not eleven days straight though).

I should be around more now though, complete with first day pics, birthday pics, pics of Big L's new haircut, etc. :)

10 comments:

brainella said...

Is that all? :-)

Hope everything gets/stays better soon.

Anonymous said...

Been wondering what's going on with you. Seems like a bit too much, eh? Hope Linus is okay now and.. how the heck did Lolly get to be a year old??

kim-d said...

I've been wondering where you were, too...but figured with as much of a blogging flake as I can be, I shouldn't ask... :)

Linus...first grade??? SOB!
Lolly...first birthday??? SOB!

Too fast, Lanny, way too fast! I have questions, oh so many questions! And I have missed you terribly, but you guys are always in my thoughts...always!

If you ever get a chance, drop an e-mail.

Leia H said...

Good golly! What surgery did Linus have? You know, when it rains it really does pour - so sorry you've had a rough time! Hugs to all!

katy said...

Glad you found your blog again. Things will calm down at some point and we will all still be here.

Mama said...

I hope Linus is doing well and finally over her surgery issues. What surgery did she have to have if I'm not being too nosey to ask. Surgery issues are NOT fun. Hannah had post operative pneumonia in February after having her tonsils and adenoids removed and it WAS NOT FUN. I can't believe Lolly's almost one and Linus is in first grade. I absolutely can't wait to hear about all the funny school stories that are sure to happen soon.
Natalie
Fellow IAC alumn

joanne said...

Wowie..it's nice to have you back. First of all Happy Birthday to all the b-day peeps. I hope your dad is doing better, CHF is a monster to deal with..I will keep good thoughts and prayers for him. Hope L is better..surgery?? School and first grade..no way! And little L turning one..I thought I was the only one who couldn't slow time down long enough to catch my breath. Anyway, good to hear from you and as always I will be thinking of you! jj

Mike said...

Damn, and I thought I had a busy life. Hang in there...

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

Miss you!

katy said...

Still waiting on those pics...
Hope everything is chugging along the way you want it to.