Monday, July 30, 2007

An Extra (extra) Dose of Embarrassment

A few months ago, we packed up and headed to my sister's city for a nice weekend with family. My sis has plenty of room, but since Linus is full of personality, we always get a hotel. Generally we get a Residence Inn type suite and share it with my parents. During our last trip down, the fire alarm went off at 4 in the morning, and we all had to evacuate, so we chose a different location, and we knew we'd be saved the drama this time. Seriously, I should know better. Friday was great, SaturDAY was great. Our plans for Saturday evening were to leave Linus with her cousins and my brother-in-law's parents while we drove about an hour away to a wedding. My mother had been in that city all day visiting her sister and friends, and we were going to meet her. After a late lunch and a few errands with my sister, my father, Army, Linus, and I filled up the SUV with gas so we wouldn't have to stop on the way to or from the wedding. After filling up, we showered, got dressed, and headed to my sister's to drop off Linus and pick up sis and bro-in-law. Dang it if the car doesn't start. At all. No cranking, nothing. We call OnStar. They were no help. My father and Army discuss what could be wrong, and Linus immediately offers that it must be the gasoline. We were stuck in that town for two days while our car was repaired. On the final day, we walked from our hotel to Chili's for lunch. Despite my repeated pleas, Linus just could not manage to use her inside voice. The she did it. She managed to embarrass Army and me so badly that we both turned every shade of red. After announcing that we lost her panties (to clarify, we lost an entire package of panties, but we had plenty more), she announced to the entire restaurant, "WE HAD TO STAY AT A HOTEL LAST NIGHT BECAUSE WE HAVE BAD GAS!" I wanted to crawl under the table. Remember her thoughts as to why the car didn't work? She thought the gas we put in Saturday made the car stop working. NOBODY else in the restaurant knew that she was talking about gasoline though! Ugh!

No comments: